External wastegate blankets are designed to keep in radiant heat produced by your turbo system. These work the same way a conventional turbo blanket works, retaining heat from leaking into the engine bay. Our wastegate blankets are designed to be heated, cooled substantially, and held up in the harshest heat cycles.
A turbocharger fitted creates massive heat in the engine bay, decreasing performance. The colder the air going into the engine, the more power the car can produce, as cold air is dense with o2, increasing the efficiency of your engine. Our Exoracing external wastegate blankets were designed with this in mind and have a few benefits such as:
- Keeping the engine bay cooler
- Saving vital components from heat failure
- Keeping mechanics safe when working next to hot wastegates
Our blankets have been designed to fit around external wastegates with ease. A locking wire is supplied for a simple installation that won't budge. We manufactured four different sizes to fit all common wastegates. They are designed to keep heat in the gate, which has two effects: to protect the gate's internal diaphragm and to reduce the heat expelled into your engine bay. Available in classic titanium or a carbon finish to help match up to the rest of your heat protection items.
- Locking wire for maximum security
- The ultimate thermal barrier reduces intake air temperatures
- Supplied with one length of locking wire
- External wastegate fitment: 44mm
- The working temperature is 1200°C/2100°F
Professional installation is recommended.
- Silica Fibre
- Wastegate Blanket
- Heat Management