Magnetic sumps plugs are a must in any engine whether performance or completely standard. The way they work is the same as a conventional sump plug, except having a powerful magnet that sits on the end. The Performance magnetic Sump plug sits inside the oil pan and collects any metal particles that are floating around the engine.
Over time parts wear down and small metal filings enter the oil, which can be catastrophic if left for a while due to blocking your oil pump. Every oil change once you remove our magnetic sump plugs, you'll see small bits of metal on there, and know it is doing its job!
We have had a few customers who luckily use our magnetic sump plugs as they lost an oil pump bolt, but luckily stuck to the strong magnet. If they were not running one of our sump plugs, his engine without a doubt would have blown. Installation is as simple as removing the OEM sump plug bolt and replacing it with ours, making it one of the easiest cost-effective upgrades you can possibly do. To make them even better we have them anodised for a beautiful long-lasting finish!
- Simple and easy installation
- Machined from billet aluminium and anodised for a long-lasting finish
- Reduces engine wear and potential catastrophic failure
- Traps contaminants and small metal particles that don't get filtered
- Thread size: M14x1.5
- Honda Civic, s2000, CRX, Del Sol, Integra, Prelude, Accord
- Engines: ALL
- Vauxhall Astra, Corsa, Zafira, VXR, GSI, SRI
- Engines: Z20LEH, Z20LEL, Z20LET, Z16LER
- Magnetic Sump Plug