To ensure the optimal performance of turbochargers, it is crucial to maintain a consistent flow of oil. It is important to note that ball-bearing turbos have a different cartridge design than journal-bearing turbos, and consequently, they require a lower flow of oil. This is where oil restrictors come into play. Without a restrictor, oil leakage through the seals is inevitable. Therefore, installing an oil restrictor immediately is highly recommended to prevent further oil leakage.
Besides preventing oil leaks, using an oil restrictor also enhances boost response by minimizing the windage of oil in the bearing. To achieve maximum efficiency, the oil pressure entering a ball-bearing turbocharger should be between 40psi and 45psi, the maximum engine operating system. However, it is essential to note that many engines have higher oil pressure, necessitating our 0.035"/0.9mm restrictors.
Our oil restrictor is designed to cater to most oil lines, which are AN04 and can be conveniently bolted to the turbo. With our oil restrictor, you can rest assured that your turbocharger will operate optimally without any oil leaks.
- Machined from 6061 Billet Aluminium
- CNC Machined
- Threaded for AN04 fittings
- Restrictor size: 0.9mm / 0.035"
- Includes M8 x 1.25 bolts, oil feed gasket, oil feed, an4 restrictor flange
- Billet Aluminium Flanges Feature a Thick Base that will not distort or Leak
- Fitment: T3, T4, T35, T40, T60, T67, T70, T76
- Exhaust System