Are you monitoring crankcase pressure levels on your race car? If not, you should be!
Monitoring your crankcase pressure levels gives you valuable information about your engine's state of health & piston ring to cylinder wall sealing. It is highly recommended, especially on turbocharged cars that develop high blow-by and crankcase pressure levels.
The SpeedFactory Billet B-Series Crankcase Pressure Port Fitting was explicitly designed on Honda/Acura B-Series engines to plug the OEM "black box" breather port. Also, it provides a location that is directly in the crankcase to install a 1/8" NPT pressure sensor, giving accurate pressure readings during engine operation.
- Precision CNC machined from 6061-T6 billet aluminium
- Black Anodized finish adds durability and eliminates corrosion
- Precise fit w/dual O-rings provides a tight, leak-free seal & dampens vibrations to the sensor
- 17mm wrench provision for easy tightening with integrated 1/8" NPT pressure sensor port
- Laser-etched SpeedFactory Racing logo
All Standalones and most factory based EMS such as Hondata etc., support an auxiliary 0-5v sensor input such as the commonly used 0-75 and 0-150psig pressure sensors.
We recommend thoroughly cleaning the port in the block and the fitting with brake cleaner before installation, and then liberally coating it with HondaBond or Permatex Ultra Grey and curing it for 24hrs before use.
Coating the surface will act both as a lubricant to facilitate installation and then will setup and bond the fitting into the block so that it doesn't blow out in the case of abnormally high crankcase pressures, such as during the event of a piston failure.